If you plan to attend Il Cinema Ritrovato, you need to obtain a festival pass. With COVID-19 health and safety regulations in place, this year purchasing a pass is the only way you can attend the festival which means we have stopped selling individual or daily tickets. However, as before, the Piazza Maggiore screenings remain free and open to public. Following the Italian Government’s guidelines, all festival venues, including the Piazza, will be subject to restricted admittance.
We have also made one other significant change to the way you could attend the screenings: to ensure compliance with the social distancing measures and avoiding queues, you need to reserve a seat for the films you want to see prior to the screening.
The measures we are taking, including the newly introduced booking system, are based on the current necessities derived from public health guidelines. However, we are actively reviewing these measures to adjust with new regulations. With your health and safety is our main priority, from now until the time of the festival we might tighten or loosen some of these implemented restrictions accordingly.
Please notice that, from August 24th to 31st, you can purchase your festival pass at the Hospitality Office (Renzo Renzi Library, 9am – 6.30pm) at a slightly higher price.
Please fill in the form and print it before going to the Hospitality Office in order to avoid queuing.
This year we offer three different types of regular passes.
Reduced: €60 (for students and over 60)*
* The reduced pass is only for over 60.
Bologna Pass: €30**
** The Bologna Pass is reserved for the university students (both Italian and foreign), Amici e Sostenitori Bianco e Nero della Cineteca, residents of Bologna and its province, Card Cultura-holders, Card Genus Bononiae-holders, Teatro Comunale subscirbers.
Full-price pass-holders enjoy the following benefits:
- Free admission to all the regular festival venues including the outdoor screenings (Piazza Maggiore, Arena Puccini, BarcArena) after successful booking in advance. Any exceptions in access will be pointed out in the programme
- Discount on Edizioni Cineteca di Bologna publications
- Discount in selected restaurants and hotels
Please note that the reduced passes do not include the festival catalogue. The special catalogue price for pass-holders is €5.
Important note: In order to purchase a pass with concession, you shall display a valid ID card.
JEAN SEBERG SUPPORTER PASS
The Jean Seberg pass-holders, in addition to the regular pass benefits, enjoy the following:
- If you wish, your name will be included in the list of supporters projected onscreen in Piazza Maggiore and also published in the festival catalogue (provided that you purchase this pass before July 10, 2020);
- One free Edizioni Cineteca di Bologna publication;
- A free festival poster.
HENRY FONDA SUPPORTER PASS
Henry Fonda pass-holders, in addition to all the benefits of the Jean Seberg pass,
are entitled to:
- Booking priority for all festival screenings;
- Entitled to reserving up to two seats in Piazza Maggiore;
- Special dinner or lunch invitation along with festival curators and festival’s guests of honour.
IL CINEMA RITROVATO STREAMING ON-LINE PASS
For children up to 12 years old
Free for owners of the card Schermi e Lavagne 2019/2020
Available only at the Cinema Lumière, it allows access all the screenings and workshops in the Kids Section of Il Cinema Ritrovato. All events by reservation only and subject to availability.
THE YOUNG PASS
For young people between 13 and 19
Available only at the hospitality office, it allows access to all of the festival venues (including Piazza Maggiore, Arena Puccini, BarcArena, except special events which will be mentioned in the programme). All events by reservation only and subject to availability.
HOW TO GET THE PASSES
Passes can be purchased online until 13.00 on Thursday 20 August.
From 24 to 31 August, you can purchase them directly at the festival’s Guest Office at the price of €130 for Full Pass, €65 for Reduced Pass and €35 for Bologna Pass.
Important note: All passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.